Monday, January 05, 2009

Theraputic poetry

Wow, I haven't been in a state to write poetry since high school. I guess I have to be a certain level of depressed to write anything halfway decent. Now keep in mind, I've not been this down for days on end - it comes and goes. And it's getting better. But for now here's my "creative" mind:


After the aftermath
After the day, the big day
When it's quiet again and there's nothing left to say

The silence is deafening
The adrenaline is gone
And I'm left here wondering what I did wrong

But I can't let myself go there
To that awful place inside
To that place where a piece of me died

I need to try to find the strength
Yet I need to mourn my loss
And never forget: this too shall pass

It's still so very quiet
Everyone else has moved on
And I am still here forgotten and alone

Not alone on purpose
Just alone inside my head
In a place where all I know how to do is be sad

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Great job Gayle! What a tough experience to go through. I will keep you in my prayers. Hope each day brings some closure and a sense of peace.