Friday, January 04, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Resolutions 2007:

Lose 25 lbs. - Check. Ok, I'm rounding up. 23 is pretty dark close to 25, and I'm fitting into old jeans 2 sizes smaller than I was wearing, so I'm gonna call this one a success. :) I worked my butt off for this (literally ;) so... yay me!



Resolutions 2008:

Run a 5k race. I don't run, so I've got a long way to go. I walked a 5k in Fall 2007. Can't say I felt all that good about walking it, really. So if I do it again, I'm going to have to be running. I tried running on the treadmill a few weeks after the 5k last fall and barely made it 1/2 mile. But last Thursday, Jan 3rd, I ran 1 mile on the treadmill (after not having run at all since the one other time!) It wasn't pretty, 1 mile in 13:33, but at least it's a start. Then I ran another mile again on Friday. So I guess I'm off to a decent start.

Get involved in Habitat for Humanity in the greater Columbus area. I've worked with Habitat in college, and participated in various week-long trips across the US and Mexico before. And I've been talking about doing something locally for awhile. I think it's time to do more than just have good intentions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you!! I think I'm going to sign up for that 5K too. I guess I should do that before the end of Jan when the price goes up.

Unknown said...

I think running a 5k is a good resolution. I have been training for 5k's for awhile, but I have yet to run an actual race for various reasons.

I ran 5k twice within the last week just for the heck of it on the indoor track at the gym. It is a good feeling to know that you can just up and run that far. I wasn't able to do that sort of thing since college until last year. You can do it!

If you're up to a mile on the treadmill, you're well on your way!

BTW, dropping that weight will make running far easier on your joints, so good job!