Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Jack O' Lantern

Last weekend I carved a pumpkin at my friend Greg's pumpkin carving Halloween party. I wasn't planning to carve one, but they had so many pumpkins I figured I'd join in the fun.

I like fish (as in aquariums, pets). So I figured I'd see what kind of fish I could carve into the side of a pumpkin. As my brother said, "if anyone can figure out how to make a pumpkin into a fish, Gayle can." Here's what I came up with:



And here's what it looks like in the dark!


Thanks to Greg and his roommates for providing all the pumpkins. Thanks to Dean and his Treo 700p with access to the Internet, for finding pictures of clownfish online and helping me figure out what the fish should look like. Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the Internet. :P And thanks to Jeff for your help carving the fins and nose.

All in all, it came out better than I expected. Probably the coolest pumpkin carving I've ever been part of!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Thanks Dean :) So, now I have good ideas and cute ideas! Yay!