Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Kitchen

It seems like only about a month since I had my kitchen remodeled (see pictures). But time flies, and it's actually been about 3 months! They (Kitchen Kraft) started on April 24, 2006 and were done on May 8, 2006. They called me last week to ask if they could take pictures of the kitchen for the photo books that they show to other potential customers. Cool! Although now I have to clean :) They are coming tonight to take pictures.

I don't feel like I am "done" yet though. I still have to paint the walls. I guess it's pretty typical for them to leave that part up to the customer to do. It took me awhile to decide on a color, but I decided and I bought the paint at the beginning of July. Now it's just a matter of finding the time. And I've still got some lighting to do, which I opted to have my brother Dan and his boss who is an electrician come up from Dayton so we can all work on that and save me some money.
I hope it is OK with Kitchen Kraft that the kitchen is not 100% "done" for their photos. Then again, all of their portion of the work is done, so maybe that's all they want photos of anyway.

The best part that I love is the table that is built into the wall. I have lived in my house for over 4 years, and have maybe sat down in the kitchen to eat maybe 5 times, total. In the almost 3 months that my kitchen has been done, I can think of at least 4 times that I have sat at that table to eat already, whether by myself or with friends. I guess that means it is a good, functional design.

No comments: